Blogger Tricks

Friday, 10 June 2016

ilana52 (Member) + mscouto (Non-Member)



PC with a sockpuppeteer scammer found on 9 June. ilana52 was advertising their very valuable trade list (Headdresses, Spikes, etc.) in exchange for a blue Werewolf Mask. By not-so-coincidence, mscouto was a few feet away with the Mask on their trade list. I suggested they trade each other, but then they both left without responding. 

In case you didn't know, this is a type of scam where both the account asking for the item and the account with the item are the same person, and once someone drastically overtrades for the item in order to try and get the goodies on the other account's trade list, both accounts flee.

They had both gone to the den of an individual victim, and ilana52 asked the victim to get them the Mask, which again was on mscouto's trade list. Unfortunately the victim believed and trusted them, even when I warned about what would happen. ilana52 was outraged and called me 'mean' when I said they were scamming, and denied being mscouto but refused to move at the same time as them to prove it. Eventually I started lagging so badly that I couldn't move to see what ilana52 and the victim were saying to each other, but I assume they persuaded them to lock me out, because that's what happened.




Unfortunately the victim believed ilana52's tricks, and I assume that they got scammed, though I didn't see it myself.

Remember, if it seems too good to be true, or too much of a coincidence, it probably is. This scam is tricky to recognize as a scam at first, but it can do a lot of damage.

Report both ilana52 and mscouto for scamming.

Status: 1 Probably Harmed

-PC

UPDATE:

They published this comment on my video on 15 June. They essentially admitted to having scammed. The video was recorded and published on 9 June. So less than a week between them scamming and them claiming to have reformed - not exactly a long time. In addition, I do not take down videos or posts even when they apologize or claim not to scam anymore, because there is always a chance they are lying. 

2 comments:

  1. hey PC, what do ya think bout the pigs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're okay I guess. I would have preferred for sloths or ostriches to come out first, but at least pigs are non-member.

      Delete