Blogger Tricks

Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Pink Shirt Day 2016


If you live in Canada, you probably know what this event is or have participated in it in the past.

Every year, on February 24th, every comes around to celebrate Pink Shirt Day. You may be asking, why does Pink Shirt Day exist and why is it so important? Allow me to tell you the story.

One day, back in 2007, in a school in Nova Scotia, Canada, a boy was bullied for wearing a pink shirt. However, two kids who saw it happen decided to take a stand. They told all their friends to wear pink shirts the next day. Those friends told their friends, and the next day, everyone in the school, including the teachers, was wearing pink shirts. They stood up the bully, and since then, February 24th has been Pink Shirt/Anti-bullying day for every province in Canada.

Of course, few people that read this blog are actually Canadian, but that shouldn't stop you from participating.

On February 24th, feel free to meet at Cerise's den at 4:00 AJSWS time to participate in the event.

Picture taken from the Boys and Girls club

6 comments:

  1. i was born on febuary 25th


    -disney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably won't be able to make it but if I do hopefully it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purpose and meaning of pink shirt day, I still do it every year :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely participating in it again, it was tons of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long will the meet be?? I want to meet you guys sooooo badly!!!!!!
    -puppy86255

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent cerise a pink shirt... I have a few left over, do any agents want some? If u do, jag me please.
    -puppy86255

    ReplyDelete