Blogger Tricks

Friday, 6 February 2015

Pink Shirt Day 2015


If you are Canadian, you'll know what this event is.

Every year, February 25th is Pink Shirt Day. You might be wondering what Pink Shirt Day is and why it is such a big deal. The story goes like this:

One day, in a school in Nova Scotia, Canada, a boy was bullied for wearing a pink shirt. However, two kids who saw it happen decided to take a stand. They told all their friends to wear pink shirts the next day. Those friends told their friends, and the next day, everyone in the school, including the teachers, was wearing pink shirts. They stood up the bully, and since then, February 25th has been Pink Shirt/Anti-bullying day for every province in Canada.

I know few of us here are Canadian, but I'd like to bring this event into the culture of anti-evil societies in AJ.

On February 25th, feel free to meet at Cerise's den at 4:00 AJSWS time to participate in the event.

Picture taken from the Boys and Girls club

11 comments:

  1. 1. Please insert the word "to" in paragraph 3, sentence 5, between words 3 and 4.
    2. I vote for the blog music to be titanium due to this for obvious reasons.
    3. I will support this movement (although I am in the U.S.A) as Im actually bullied very much every day in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am half-Canadian, and I completely support this. This is a very touching story!

    You have a heart of gold, Cerise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I support this whole thing as well. Bullying is something that should completely be wiped out from the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go canadians! Happy Pro-D day too I guess from yesterday lol
    ~Alpha

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEY anti bullying day! (everyday should be anti bullying day)

    well im not going to give out personal info, but i support this day fully because i know its history.

    ~shadow
    P.S. i usualy put my name in brackets to sign off but i love this squiggly thing ---> ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice squiggly thing! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Delete
    2. O.O IKR ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      ~SQUIGGLYYY~
      ~Shadow

      Delete
    3. It's a tilde :D ~~~~

      Delete
  6. I know I am American, but I will celebrate it anyways! Doesn't matter if you are Canadian, American, HECK it doesn't matter ifyou are Indonesian! Everybody should celebrate this!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though I'm not Canadian, I'll try my best to support this by wearing pink that day.

    The ~ is like a tiny squiggly wave. :3 ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~~~~ SQUIGGLEZZZZZ~~~~~~~~~

      ~Shadow

      Delete